Cake Pops and Cake Bites are always a wonderful gift to receive. This year, during our Chocolate Extravaganza, Wendy Paul taught some of you how to make them. Check out this video to see what you missed!
Dark Chocolate Truffle Cake Bites: Brought to you by Wendy Paul
- -1 box dark chocolate cake mix
- -3 eggs
- -1 cup milk
- -1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Mix together cake mix, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Batter will be thick.
- 2. Pour batter into a greased 9×13″ baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 28-32 minutes until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- 3. Crumble cake into small, even pieces, placing crumbs in a large bowl.
- 4. Add the following ingredients: 1 cup of chocolate ganache* room temperature and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- 5. With the back of a spoon, mix together cake crumbles with added ingredients until a thick “dough” consistency forms, making it easy to shape into cake bites.
- 6. Shape cake bites, evenly sized and cool for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator, or 20 minutes in the freezer.
- 7. Dip into melted dark chocolate. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips or drizzle with another chocolate.
Chocolate Ganache: Brought to you by Wendy Paul
- -1 cup heavy whipping cream
- -12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1. Heat the cream in a saucepan until it comes to a boil. Remove cream and pour over chocolate in a mixing bowl. Stir to mix together. Pour over warm cakes or allow to cool slightly and spread like frosting.