This year’s winner is Travis Johnson from That Means We Get Pie. Here’s his delicious Peanut Butter Cookie Pie recipe:
Recipe for Peanut Butter Cookie Pie: Brought to you by Travis Johnson
- 1 package Oreo Cookies
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) of butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup or 1 1/2 sticks of butter or butter flavored shortening, brought to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust (see Gygi’s pie crust tips)
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Scrape the filling off of the Oreos and place the the cookies in a large Ziploc bag. Eat discarded filling… (you know you want to).
3. Crush the cookies in the bag to your desired consistency, somewhere between very small chunks to almost powdered.
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add the cookies and stir until the cookies soak up the butter.
5. Scoop the mixture into a pie plate and press the mixture flat until the entire plate is covered. Bake the crust in a 325 degree oven for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool while you make the filling.
6. Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl until they are foamy.
7. Add the sugars and beat on high speed until they become creamy.
8. Add the flour gradually until it is incorporated.
9. Add the butter and beat it again until it’s well blended.
10. Stir in the chunky peanut butter until completely mixed in. Scoop the mixture into the pie crust and smooth out. If you want, drag a large fork across the top of the pie to create that customary criss-cross design.
11. Bake in the 325 degree oven for 55-60 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out with very little cookie dough attached.
12. Serve warm with some whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Try drizzling some chocolate sauce or some hot fudge over it all.
Thanks for sharing Travis!