Tis the season for gift exchanges, and the most difficult thing to buy each holiday tends to be the dreaded white elephant gift. White elephant gifts can be a huge success or a tragic failure, and to make it worse, it can be just plain difficult because everyone’s personalities and tastes are so different. But never fear! We have come up with a few white elephant gift ideas that are inexpensive, useful, and fun.
It’s already the last week in November, which means the holidays are here! Can you believe it?! The holidays are my inspiration for this post. With gifts being given, you’ll want to be prepared with a few ways to package up a treat or other small gift quickly. Here’s a list of packaging products that every gift giver must own. Keep them all together in a box or tote, that way you’ll always know where to find them:
Bags: Bags make a quick, easy way to throw a gift together quickly. Place an item in the bag and tie it off with a bow… and voila! You’re done. Here’s a few bags we think are worth having.
- 1. C-2 Clear Cellophane Bags: Because everything looks better in cellophane.
- 2. Honeycomb Middy Treat Bags: Perfect size for cookies and other treats.
- 3. Chevron Stripe Bitty Bags: This size fits a Gygi Gift Card nicely inside.
Boxes: Boxes have a way of up-scaling a gift. If it’s boxed, it looks a little nicer. Check out some of these boxes that are perfect for packaging:
- 4. Gable Boxes: For all of the DIY-ers out there, these boxes are perfect for you. Box up your treat and then get creative! What will you do the outside of this packaging to make it your own? (NOTE FROM ROZANNE TO KASSI: WE DON’T HAVE THESE ANYMORE. I WAS GOING TO EDIT THIS BUT IT THROUGH OFF THE NUMBERING. WHY THEY DIDN’T PUT PICTURES OF THE BOXES IN THIS POST IS A BIG MYSTERY…)
- 5. Chinese Take-Out Containers: A fun, unique way to approach gift giving. Here’s a fun snowman idea you should definitely check out.
- 6. 1/2 lb. White Candy Box: For a simple classic look.
- 7. 1/4 lb. Red Candy Box: Same as the white candy box, just with a little pizazz!
- 8. Blue Cupcake Box: Who doesn’t love a cupcake? Especially one that has been boxed up just for you!
- 9. 6″ Window Cake Box: Giving to families? Then these fun windowed cake boxes are just what you need.
Accessories: Packaging accessories come in handy, especially when you are using cellophane bags!
- 10. Red Polka Dot Candy Cups: Or any color for that matter. But how great are these candy cups? Stand up a few caramel-dipped pretzels and place them in a cellophane bag, and you’ve just accessorized your packaging!
- 11. Baking Cups: Everyone needs a few different styles of baking cups on hand. Which ones are your favorite?
- 12. Baker’s Twine: Who needs ribbon when you have bakers twine? Especially since you are giving homemade treats… nothing goes better.
- 13. Washi Tape: A fun way to add some personality to any packaged gift. Maybe on the gable boxes?
- 14. Gift Tags: No package is complete without a friendly tag attached.