Most of us use unsweetened cocoa powder at home. But did you know that using a Dutch-processed cocoa powder can change the taste and color of your baked goods? Here’s a list of the differences between natural and Dutch processed Cocoa, so you can make the choice:
One of the questions we get all the time at Orson H. Gygi is, “What are the best apples for dipping?”
You really can use whatever apple you prefer. Any of the varieties that can be purchased at the store will work. But at Orson H. Gygi, we believe the best apples for dipping are Granny Smith apples. The tartness of Granny Smith apples goes perfect with the sweetness of Peter’s Caramel and whatever toppings you choose to add.
Yes, you probably know by now that we carry gumballs in a variety of colors. But today, I’m going to answer some of the questions that you have about them.
How big are the gumballs?
- Most of our gumballs are 1″ in diameter. We don’t carry anything bigger. The only gumballs that are smaller are the Junior Gumballs. They are 1/2″ in diameter.
Do you have the Junior Gumballs in bags of one color?
- We do not. The Junior Gumballs only come in a 4.2 lb. bag of assorted colors. These are the only Junior Gumballs we carry.
How many gumballs come in a bag?
- All of our 1″ gumballs are sold in a 3.5 lb. bag. Here’s the truth: We counted 3 bags. Bag #1 had 199 gumballs in it. Bag #2 has 200 gumballs, and Bag #3 had 201 gumballs. So on average, each 3.5 lb. bag includes approximately 200 gumballs.
How much is a bag of gumballs?
- The bags vary between $8.99 and $11.99 each. This means that each individual 1″ gumball is approximately .4-.6 cents a piece.
Do you carry assorted color bags or are they all the same color?
- We do carry a variety of single colors, and a few assorted colors. You can see more by visiting our Gumball Page.
Can I request a certain mix of colors?
- Sorry, no. We have put together a few assorted mixes already to go for you. However, around holidays, we do carry special assorted bags that coincide with the holiday. We will always have these mixes on our Gumball Page, but you can also find them on our Seasonal Page.
Do you carry gumballs in smaller bags?
- We do not. We are known for our bulk products. And by purchasing in bulk… you save money!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Did I answer all of your questions? Let me know if I missed one. I’d love to help you in any way!
This may come as a surprise to you, but one of our most frequently asked question is how to pronounce the name of our store. So, I thought we ought to dedicate an entire post to how to pronounce Gygi.
One of the questions we get often is, can I put any chocolate in a chocolate fountain? The answer is yes… and no.
No. You should never melt your chocolate in a crock pot because it will burn. Crock pot temperatures vary depending on the manufacturer, but an average low setting is approximately 180 degrees F, and warm is about 165 degrees F.