We have a lot of love for our Sheet Pans around here. They are the workhorse of the kitchen. They are used for much more than cookies… and my current favorite use for them is cooking my entire dinner on one sheet pan. This recipe is on current rotation at least once a month in our house.
And it’s seriously so good. It’s the kind of dinner you’d make even if it was a ton of work, but it’s not. It’s simple to plan, execute and clean up. And the flavor is to die for!
Add some fresh tsaziki sauce, warm pitas, a rice pilaf and you could feed a whole army of hungry people, or keep it simple and enjoy the meal with all the elements on the sheet pan and your mouth will thank you for it with every bite.
Easy Mediterranean Sheet Pan Meal
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken, diced into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, plus a whole lemon, sliced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cloves (or 2 tsp) fresh minced garlic
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Pepper
- 1 lb Russet Potatoes, washed and cubed into 1 inch chunks
- 1-2 Red bell peppers
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 oz feta, cubed or crumbled
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- Optional for serving:
- Warm pita
- Tzatziki sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a sheet pan with foil or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, dill, oregano, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper together in small bowl. Pour over chicken and toss completely.
- Pour onto prepared sheet pan and toss with potatoes, bell peppers, onion and lemon slices. Bake in oven for 35 minutes, stirring once in between. Add in feta, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and Kalamata olives. Cook for 10 minutes more.
- Switch the oven to broil and toast the top for 2-3 minutes to get it good and crispy.
- Serve with pitas and tzatziki sauce.
Photo and recipe adapted from www.halfbakedharvest.com and www.food52.com