This Mummy Pepper Popper recipe is a delicious twist on a classic appetizer. We’ve traded out some of the traditional jalapenos for kid-friendly mini bell peppers and mummified them with crescent roll dough. Complete with edible eyeballs, this finger-food is just begging to be at your next Halloween party.
A few tips for your mummy making:
- Look for sheets of crescent roll dough. Pillsbury makes them. Unroll your sheet and use a pizza cutter to easily create uniform pieces of dough for wrapping.
- Use a cake decorating tip to cut out your eyes! We used a large round decorating tip. It was a game changer.
- Use any type of cheese you’d like for your filling.
- Also, wear gloves while working with the jalapeños, if you choose to use them. Your hands will thank you.
- Last, Mummy Pepper Poppers are best served HOT, but we’ve been known to eat them cold with no complaints.