It might not be what you’d pick up from a fast food restaurant, but these Zucchini Fries taste amazing and are a healthy alternative. Just add your favorite dipping sauce, or not, and you’re all set for a delicious snack!
- 4 medium zucchini
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to finish
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini, then cut in half widthwise. Cut in half again, then cut each piece into 4 fat wedges (you?ll get about 16 wedges per zucchini).
- In a large, shallow bowl, mix the flour with the salt and pepper to combine. In a second large, shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. In a third large, shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs with the Parmesan, garlic powder and cayenne pepper to combine.
- Working in batches, dip each piece of zucchini first into the flour mixture, then into the egg, then into the bread crumbs. Transfer the breaded zucchini to the prepared baking sheet. (warning: you might make a mess and have to start over, so get more ingredients for the mix just in case)
- Bake until the breading is golden brown and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Season with additional salt to taste; serve immediately.