“Maybe Christmas doesn’t come from a store… Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.” These Grinch cookies will help spread the love, calories, and the true meaning of Christmas!
The Grinch’s heart might have been two times too small, but a batch of these cookies would’ve been a sure cure to that condition. These are easy to make and the fun color of these are a hit with kids. You’re guaranteed to end up with moist cookies every time. But they do taste a little bit like cake mix, since they are made with cake mix! So, if you secretly enjoy licking the whisk after mixing together cake batter, you’ll love these.
Jumbo Red Heart Confetti Sprinkles
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- green food coloring, 1 drop
- Confectioners (powdered) sugar for dusting
- Sprinkles or candies, large heart-shaped
- Preheat oven to 350? F.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream together cake mix, food coloring, oil, and eggs.
- Chill the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Drop by Tablespoon into confectioners sugar and roll into balls. **Please see NOTES**
- Place on baking sheet and press 1 large heart candy/sprinkle.
- Put back into fridge for 8-10 minutes if they dough seems too soft.
- Bake for 8 minutes until just set.
- Let cool 2 minutes on pan before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.