Put your stamp on homemade gifts this year with gourmet chocolate popcorn. From customizing the flavor to picking the color of the chocolate, make your own delicious treat for all your holiday parties.
We were lucky enough to have not one, but two chocolate covered popcorn classes from Brad McDonald during our Chocolate Extravaganza. He was able to give us helpful tips and tricks for making gourmet chocolate popcorn and a couple flavoring ideas.
Butter + Eggnog
Chocolate + Peanut Butter
Butter + Sea Salt Caramel
Half-size baking sheet pan
Silicone Bowl Set (Large)
Silicone Bowl Set (small)
Gourmet Chocolate Popcorn
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in a plastic or silicone bowl (Cannot be glass or
- This works well at full power for 30 seconds at a time. Stir after each 30 second interval.
- Pop corn seed. (We find that an air popper works very well)
- Divide popcorn in two large bowls or a large paper sack. (A tumbler work great)
- Pour in a small amount of melted chocolate into the bowls or sack.
- Continue adding small amounts of chocolate until all the popcorn is coated. (This step takes the longest and must be continuous so that the coating will be consistent.)
- Spread immediately on a cookie sheet insuring that the popcorn is spread thinly on the sheet for accent coatings.
- Allow the chocolate coating to set before continuing. (Allow about 5 minutes)
- Melt accent colors the same as noted above.
- Add oil based flavoring and/or oil based coloring.
- Drizzle over popcorn with a rubber or silicone spatula.
- Be creative with the colors and the flavors. You can create a treat for any season of the year.