We’ve updated our favorite childhood dessert with a little sophistication and made Salted Caramel Rice Krispies.
Salted Caramel Rice Krispies
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 5 1/2 cups marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup of Peter's caramel, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Melt Peter's caramel. Stir in heavy cream.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Cook until it starts to brown and turn a nut color. Add in salt, stir and turn off heat.
- Add in the marshmallows stirring constantly. Mix in half of the caramel. Stir in the rice cereal.
- Pour mixture into the baking pan. Pack in down until it's even on the top.
- Drizzle the rest of the caramel over the top.
- Cool for at least an hour before cutting and serving.