Mother’s Day is just around the corner and like many, we’ve often wondered, “what does she really want?” To save you some time, and hopefully give you a few extra ideas, we have compiled a list of our 10 Mother’s Day gift ideas of what your mom really wants for Mother’s Day.
1. Salted Caramel Coating-If the mother in your life is always finding new ways to create delicious spins on the common recipe, this is the perfect addition for her. The combination of the fresh sea salt mixed with the creamy sweetness of caramel makes this the perfect addition to all her favorite treats. We love this product for making salted caramel popcorn, dipped Rice Krispies, or a melted ganache for a yummy chocolate center. Plus, they are amazingly addicting and a really yummy snack to treat that special mother too. $8.99
2. Gygi’s Famous Cookie Sheets-This is a kitchen MUST, and while we are being honest, this is one thing that you can never have too many of!! A favorite conversation we hear daily in the store is how much people love their Gygi Cookie Sheet and how they can always use a few more! Plus, seeing that shiny new pan just begging to be used to bake a delicious treat is a win-win for everyone! $7.99
3. Microplane Zester – What did we do before Microplanes entered our kitchens? They are amazing the way they bust out the perfect zest of lemon, grate cheese into perfect strands, and create those fine flecks of chocolate perfectly completing every dish to perfection. I find myself grabbing the Zester far more than I would have ever guessed, and truthfully find not much out there compares to how quickly and effectively it does it’s job. A batch of lemon bars is just screaming for you to pick one of these up! $14.99
4. Coconut Syrup – Supporting her addiction to Dirty Cokes (or Dirty DDP, whatever her potion might be) is welcomed on Mother’s Day along with a big ‘ol bag of Sonic Ice for her to enjoy without any guilt, after all it is Mother’s Day. The dirty cokes aren’t going anywhere soon, so just love and support her with tempting coconut syrup! $4.99
5. Metal Mixing Bowls – Oh my. How do I love every single size of these bowls. The small ones are perfect for holding the cut limes and lemons, cheese, olives, whatever have you, and they get as big as 30 qts (which is big enough to wash a small child). However, we love using them to mix caramel popcorn or bring cut watermelon to any BBQ.They are a statement all on their own, and trust us, she will find plenty of uses for whichever sizes you choose. $1.25-$29.99
6. Chop2Pot Cutting Boards – This is not just another cutting board. Laid flat, Chop2Pot provides a durable, knife-friendly, cutting surface for food preparation. When you’re done preparing simply squeezed the sides of the board to make it fold-up, forming a chute in which chopped food or waste can be neatly guided. With one cutting board you can make things that are chop heavy, like soup, easy to prepare. With two sizes available, and lots of colors, this will easily become a kitchen favorite to use for slicing, dicing, and chopping. $15.99/$19.99
7. Large Wooden Spoon – This is another highly reached for kitchen tool. We love that this wooden spoon has some substance to it, this isn’t a cheap wussy spoon, it can handle anything you put it up against. With a long thick handle it can take on just about any job and also provide that same comfort you find from the classic wooden spoon. $6.99
8. Practically Perfect Apron – Aside from the completely darling floral print with the trendy grey trim this apron has become a seasonal hit! What mother wouldn’t want to look great while cooking and also be reminded how much you care about her every time she puts in on. $19.99
9. Gygi’s Brownie Spatula – If you haven’t used one of our brownie spatulas, what have you been waiting for? Hopefully you don’t think it’s really only used to serve brownies, you would be holding back so much deserved credit from this tiny but so handy tool. We use it for everything, even have separate ones we use for cleaning, they get those sticky messes off the floor with such ease. And at $0.99 this is a gift for all; grab some for your friends, co-workers, and anyone else in your life that you just want to say, “hey I like you, $0.99 worth.”
10. Practically Perfect Spatulas – Whether it’s the floral theme again, or that classic Mary Poppins, these have been hard to keep on our shelves these past few days. We have stocked up the pair and plan on these being a big part of many Mother’s Day celebrations. They are not only the cutest things but really functional. A sturdy wooden handle, a rubber head, and just big enough to give you the perfect scrape. $14.99/pair
We hope this has helped with your Mother’s Day shopping. We tried to include all sorts of essentials that we thought all mothers would enjoy receiving (or replacing) in their kitchens. If you are still stumped get her a Gygi Gift Card, which she can use for anything in the store or apply it to any of our great cooking classes!
Happy Mother’s Day to all!