In case you missed our Chocolate Extravaganza, we thought we’d bring some of the recipes and information to you. Today, we are bringing you the delicious Homemade Chocolate Mousse recipe from Megan Hall.
- -4 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- -1 pound milk chocolate, finely chopped
- -2-1/2 cups heavy cream
- -1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1. Combine the chocolate in a bowl and melt them down over a double boiler.
- 2. Whip the cream and vanilla to a soft peak, (do not over whip).
- 3. Remove the chocolate from the double boiler, wiping the bottom of the bowl to make sure the water does not get into the chocolate. If water gets into the melted chocolate, it will seize.
- 4. Place half of the whipped cream into the melted chocolate, gently folding until smooth.
- 5. Add the rest of the whipped cream and mix in.
- 6. Place into refrigerator until chilled.
- 7. Scoop or pipe chocolate mousse into bowls and serve.
*To make what you see in the picture above, make the same mousse with white chocolate (for the bottom layer) and add bit of Lyon’s delicious raspberry sauce to the top.