One of my most favorite dishes at Thanksgiving dinner is the stuffing and our friends at Le Creuset, have given us their delicious recipe for Thanksgiving stuffing you and your family will enjoy. Enjoy and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving Stuffing: Brought to you by Le Creuset
- 1 (1-pound) loaf crusty Italian or French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes. (If drying and toasting bread is too much trouble, buy unflavored croutons or bread cubes.)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled between fingers
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
1. Spread bread cubes in a single layer on two large sheet pans and let dry for a few hours or overnight.
2. Adjust oven racks to lower and upper-middle positions. Heat oven to 400°F. Bake bread until golden, 12 – 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F.
3. Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery; saute until soft, 8 – 10 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, mix bread, vegetables, and remaining ingredients. Transfer to the square casserole dish.
5. Cover with lid and bake until steamy, about 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake until the top is crusty, about 10 minutes longer. Serve immediately.