On rainy days like this, it’s best to stay inside and bake! Here’s a delicious recipe for chocolate marbled cheesecake that is sure to brighten your day.
- 1 cup (250 ml) graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup (50 ml) granulated sugar
- ½ tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) curry powder
- ¼ cup (50 ml) melted butter
- 2 cups (500 ml) yogurt cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) light cream cheese
- 1½ tsp (7 ml) vanilla
- ¾ cup (175 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup (50 ml) unsweetened cocoa
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly butter bottom and sides of an 8″ (20 cm) springform pan. In a small bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter until evenly blended. Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and up sides of pan, smoothing with back of a spoon. Refrigerate crust while preparing filling. In a bowl, beat together yogurt cheese, cream cheese and vanilla. Combine sugar and cornstarch and beat into yogurt mixture. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Remove 2 cups (500 ml) of mixture to a separate bowl and blend in cocoa. Spoon in chocolate batter, then remaining white batter. Without going completely through mixture to bottom of pan, draw a knife through batter to make marbled effect. Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven for 55 minutes or until edge is set. Remove from oven; immediately run knife around edge of the cake to loosen from pan. Cool completely and refrigerate 4 hours before serving.Makes 6-8 Servings.