If you are like me, then you just grab the nearest whisk and get to work. But each whisk has been designed for a specific purpose. Thanks to our friends at Rösle, today I’m going to share what each whisk has been designed to do.
1. Balloon Whisk/Beater: The robust handle in combination with flexible, densely positioned wires guarantees good results when whisking mixes of thick or semi-liquid consistency. Suitable for whipping cream and egg white.
2. Jug Whisk: The slender form is ideal for whisking in narrow containers and glasses. Food and drinks can be quickly and easily stirred or twirled. Suitable for shakes and dressings.
3. Egg Whisk: Wide spacing of the fine wires and a slender handle effortlessly produce light and airy results when whisking mixes of liquid or semi-liquid consistency. Suitable for pancake batters, cream mixes, sauces and soups.
4. Flat Whisk: The flat shape of the whisk is especially suitable for stirring small quantities and for folding ingredients in gently when working with delicate mixes. Perfect for blending ingredients and beating eggs.
5. Spiral Whisk: This clever whisk reaches all areas of the pot, the base as well as awkward corners between pot base and wall. Just perfect for sauces.
6. Twirl Whisk: The flexible spiral shape facilitates airy beating of mixes reaching the base and all corners of the container and preventing unevenness in the mix. Specially suitable for processing small quantities of custard or gelatin in narrow containers.
7. Cooking Spoon Classic: (Not a whisk at all!) Made of 100% stainless steel, strong, durable and hygienic. Perfect for stirring, beating and blending.
8. Silicone Egg Whisk: For whisking or beating liquid and semi-liquid consistencies. Ideal for preparing soups, cream puddings and pancake batter. Heat resistant up to 500°F. Durable bonding of stainless steel and silicone.
9. Silicone Flat Whisk: The flat shape of the whisk is especially suitable for stirring small quantities. Heat resistant up to 500°F. Durable bonding of stainless steel and silicone.